Comprehensive Liquor License Consulting

Winship & Friedrichs, APC, has over 45 years of experience handling liquor license matters in front of the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control. In order for a bar, restaurant, club, liquor store, brewery, or anyone else looking to manufacture, distribute, serve and/or sell beer, wine, or distilled spirits in California, they must obtain a liquor license to do so. This process can be long, tedious and complicated — not least because there are dozens of alcohol-related licenses in California and it is not always obvious which one is appropriate for your business. There are specific alcohol licenses for retailing, wholesaling, off-sale and on-sale licenses, temporary licenses, nonprofit daily permits and many more.

If you are currently licensed with the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control and want to make changes to your premises (premises expansions) or the license itself (condition modifications), the firm can evaluate your options.

Winship & Friedrichs, APC, has the knowledge and experience to guide you through the entire process from determining what type of liquor license meets your business plan all the way through issuance of the license. The firm has helped hundreds of bars, restaurants, markets, breweries, resorts, clubs, and resorts throughout San Diego County and the State of California obtain, transfer and keep their liquor licenses. That includes defending your license when you are facing disciplinary action.

We Take Your License Application Off Your To-Do List

You have enough to worry about when you're launching a business — whether it is a new restaurant, bar, convenience store, a one-day event or anything else. Let us serve as your liquor licensing consultants — the firm will help you navigate the bureaucracy of the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control so that you can focus all the other aspects of your work.

When appropriate, the firm will inspect your place of business in person to determine what type of license is right for you.

The vast majority of liquor license applications are formally protested by law enforcement agencies, and also sometimes by neighbors and other interested parties. On your behalf, the firm will negotiate with the San Diego Police Department, local law enforcement, the California Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control and neighbors in order to tailor your license application to meet the needs of everyone involved. We know and understand one of the key processes of the ABC licensing process, which is establishing "public convenience, or necessity" (PCN) for retail licenses.

Get Answers To All Your Licensing Questions

To get more information about how we can help you obtain, transfer or keep an alcohol-related license, email us or call 619-297-0066. Based in San Diego, the lawyers at Winship & Friedrichs, APC, have more than five decades of combined experience.